Is it possible for there to be a download?
Fish Game is a tactical 2D shooter, played by up to 4 players online or on a shared screen (WIP). Aim either left or right; the rest is up to clever movement and positioning in this fish-on-fish brawler!
- WASD/Arrows are for walking and jumping,
- Space is for jumping
- F is for attacking,
- Y and U are for surrender
- Status: First Playable (pre-alpha)
- Game engine: Macroquad (Rust)
- Multiplayer backend: Nakama (Go)
- GitHub: https://github.com/heroiclabs/fishgame-macroquad
The game is fully open source, produced as a showcase game for Heroic Labs, the makers of Nakama. It will be continually developed for the purpose of demonstrating Nakama (and Macroquad) in a live production environment.
Learning & Modding
We've written an extensive tutorial on Making a multiplayer game in Rust with Nakama, which details from beginning to end how exactly this game was made.
Furthermore, Fish Game aspires to be highly moddable. By building a scripting system based on WebAssembly, we aim to eventually support any WASM-friendly programming language. For our proof-of-concept, we'll be starting with TypeScript (AssemblyScript). More details will follow in the coming weeks.
- Original design of the legendary Duck Game (our spiritual ancestor) by @superjoebob.
- Design adaptation and game production by Erlend Sogge Heggen.
- All in-game assets by Pixel Frog.
- Pixel Art Gui Elements by Mounir Tohami.
- All sound assets: Jakob Terjesønn Rypdal.
- Code by Fedor Logachev.